Saturday, April 09, 2005

An Inspirational Message, From Yer Pals at Fjord


RENAULT -
Well I was right. You are a Sentimentalist.

RICK
Stay where you are. I don’t know what you’re talking about.
(Rick puts a cigarette in his mouth.)

RENAULT
What you did for Laszlo, and that fairy tale you invented to send Ilsa away with him. I know a little about women, my friend. She went, but she knew you were lying.

RICK
Anyway, thanks for helping me out.

RENAULT
I suppose you know this isn’t going to be pleasant for either of us. I’ll have to arrest you, of course.

-From Casablanca-


There’s been a buildup of shit lately. I know it’s happening. I sit here behind my computer in the Casa Aloha like a spider, sensing every tremble in every strand that makes up the world wide web, and I feel it…building up in the wires and tubes and cables and phones and routers and switches. It’s in the sewers (and probably in your intestines and colon, too) and in the gas-pipes to every stove on the planet. It’s building like congestion in the streets, and it’s in the electrical grid, and even in the airwaves - radio, teevee, cellphone conversations, and WiFi - information that passes in waves through your body (beyond, and right through the cellular level) every second of every day. It’s in all your relationships with every human being, and building up in your aspirations and dreams. It’s even in the fruit you eat because someone told you a while back, “Just eat better than you do.“ It’s a large- nay- global sized buildup of shit.

With all of that going on every second of every day, Fjord would like to pass on a simple statement that might just help. It’s a string of 10 small, but important words.

“We would like you to start having a good life.”

1 comment:

D.T. said...

...and now, I'll be arrested.