Thursday, April 21, 2005

All right damnit, I'll admit it. I'm sad.

"Why?" You ask, all the while thinking, "What could the worlds most prolific resort owner have to be sad about?" "What with," you continue thinking, "The fancy cars, steady income, free well drinks (tuesday thru wednesday) Southern California weather, and nightly floor show - could you possibly be sad about."

Well, I'll tell you what Fjordlings, I'm sad about parties. See there are two kinds of parties everyone dives in head-first for. One - the costume party. Whatever theme you might choose, even the most stupidly unprepared usually makes some kind of effort at the last minute. That usually makes for the kind of extra-fun effort people need to give, to immerse themselves in the party spirit. Two - the cocktail party, Where everyone gets dandied up in their finest nightwear for some sophisticated drinking. Even if the conversation doesn't live up to the billing, at least people look good.

Why is there such a shortage of these two simple and great themes out there? Surely it can't be that hard to say, "I'm going to throw a party!" And then say, "And the theme will be 19th Century cruise ships!" Or something along those lines. I swear, the next party I get to that's full of a bunch of yahoo's dressed in their Friday-night dive-bar-wear drinking Pabst from bottles is going to get a full on Supervillain D.Tsunami.

That's why I'm sad.

3 comments:

RICANDOLL said...

Awww, dont be sad. I love theme parties, too. My fave is the luau. Nothing is more comfortable than the coconut bra.

Hey, just curious...Would the Supervillain D Tsunami suit be red lycra? Or would it be one of those suits made of painted on-rubber?

D.T. said...

AWWWW...the Luau is a stupendous choice! That one slipped my mind when I was sad and complaining!

Gjawd - please use yer imagination doll...I like where this is going!

Okay...here's the skinny.
Altho I am a huge fan of the synthetic plastic-rubber form fitting evil-villain suit...mine's just a plain 'ole well-tailored gray sharkskin suit - like you'd find in a Sean Connory era Bond movie. I've found it lends a lot of weight to my words when I'm in it, plus, it isn't exactly how you look, it's how you feel when yer looking it...dig?

D.T. said...

Oh...and don't even think I'm not a fan of the coconut bra.

Of course, the grass skirt is mandatory!!!