Saturday, April 23, 2005

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

I have removed my head from my computer today in order to congratulate every single one of you! Yesterday was the biggest Friday EVER here at the most fjriendliest Fjord in the universe! And it was also the biggest day of the month so far! And that means that you were all pretty bored at work or something. I dunno.

See, as much as I'm a junkie for seeing my words blasted into the media across humungus distances, I'm also a junkie for our hit counter...I'm sorry, I'm fucking vain. Like, for instance, we had three new readers last week that came from search engines looking for "Zombie + Pope" Now those are the kind of folks we're happy are finding our little corner of the universe, altho there's no reason to say that they'll be back. (I wonder what ever happened to the human that found us by searching WookieSex...I doubt they came back.)

So anyways, I look at the little graph that makes up weekly, monthly hits and whatnot, and watch the little spikes that happen (and they are little, for the most part we have a readership of 20-40 very loyal readers...and we love each and every one of you...very deeeeeply) and I wonder why on some days there are near 100 hits, and on others 30. It gets to be like predicting the weather...which, like many meteorologists...I'm very poor at. Like last week, seeing the traffic we were getting from Sunday to Tuesday was like watching a big wave begin to form. I thought, "This is going to be a big week" and whaddayaknow, it wasn't. It just slacked off. I guess that's what you get for trying to predict things.

But this Fjord medium is a totally random thing, and trying to predict what's going to appear next on our little page is about as precise as trying to predict our internet traffic patterns. Like this post...I was going to say how writing for Fjord is like fast food compared to what I've been working on for the last 9 hours...then I realized nobody is reading that. Then I thought, maybe I could mash up my love for the last Blink-182 record, the new Kelly Clarkson song, Benny Goodman's "Sing Sing Sing" and just about every Peggy Lee tune, and write that. And I thought, fuck, I'll just talk about the stupid hit counter.

So yeah, congratulations! You murder of readers of Fjord, you are on the cutting edge of what's going to happen next.

At Fjord!


(and btw...we've got big things planned...)


No comments: