Saturday, June 04, 2005

I Really Like it When Old People Smell Good

Not like impending death like most old people do, you know?

I walked past a hella cute old couple on the sidewalk today and, like I always do, I braced myself for the sickly sweet smell of decaying flesh. Needless to say, I was more than pleasantly surprised when what wafted through my nostrils instead was a truly nice scent. A hard to explain, but downright sublime odor. Not the kind of smell that someone younger, or more virile, would ever smell like in 100,000 years, but a sort of, "That smell reminds me of a time I never lived in, in a town I never saw, hanging with a dog I never owned," kind of smell. Just nice, you know?

And so, to good smelling geriatrics everywhere, this post goes out to you. May your feet be always draped in comfy slippers and your colostomy bags emptied regularly...

No comments: