Sunday, June 19, 2005

Fjord Weekend Movie Reviews

So I did what every good Angelino did this weekend...I went to see some movies. Seein' how it's blockbusta' summa' movie time...and shouldn't we all do a little something for Hollywood...seeings how much they've done for us?

1- Mr & Mrs. Smith
Well, I'll say one thing, it's a pretty movie. I mean, there are a lot of pretty things to look at all thru this action/romantic-comedy. And it's got my eye-okay vote. A great date flick, and a lot of super fun moments. Someone said it's got "Tracy and Hepburn-like dialouge!" Which, of course, it doesn't. But that doesn't change the fact that it was fun. I think this will work for both the boys and the girls...

2-Batman Begins
This is a bit deeper and darker than yer usual summer blockbuster movie. I think my one problem with this movie isn't exactly a problem with the movie, it's a problem with oversaturation with the Batman "myth." Fer christs sake, we know about B-Wayne's parents getting killed, and we know he's haunted buy the crap, and we know he's got a deep mean-streak because of it!!! Enough already. Christ, I knew this when I was like, I dunno -six. Ya don't have to re-hash it in every fucking movie about the "B-Man!"

Like I said, it's not a problem with this movie, it's just a saturation problem. The movie is kick-ass. Really fun, crazily imaginative, with inventive villains (which is refreshing) and if you're going to add characters to help lend the "human" touch to such a shop-worn story, Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman are about the two best guys in the biz to make it happen. My girl dug the hell out of it, but I'd say it was 70-85% guy flick. But by far my favorite of all the movie-tries at Batman.

What'd you see?

No comments: