Saturday, January 05, 2008

Huh...I dunno about that last one so much...

So here's something that got my goat in 07.

Everyone got all on Miss Teen USA Candidate from South Carolina for being, umm, a bit, how should we put it in the parlance of our times, "Folksy."

Here's how it looked.




I mean, people literally got crazy mad at how dumb this girl was. I didn't. No, as casual observer of the media, I thought, what horrendously pisses me off about this is that the United States has a President that routinely speaks like this, and nobody seems to even notice! If it works for the President - and he doesn't get called out for it, and nobody gets mad, why should this lovely (and stupidly young) woman try anything different. Of course, the internet world roundly mocked her. To that I'd add this nice little compilation...



So...back to my point...which was...err, umm... My guess is that Miss Teen South Carolina will probably go on to a University somewhere, have a lovely time, and do her damnedest to never have a brain freeze like that again on camera. Our Prez? I'm sure he's got nothing to worry about, nobody seems to mind.

2 comments:

rhinoceros said...

I know who'd I'd ask to dinner.

D.T. said...

Cracked me up with that one Rhino! Of course, you'd take the better conversationalist! She's way hotter too!