Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ellis...

I've been hanging onto this quote from Warren Ellis for a while, and thought I might need to throw it up there for you guys to take a gander at. It goes like this:

"I was ready to do another big piece of political sf, and I knew what I wanted to talk about, I wanted to talk about the subsumation of authenticity into fiction. I wanted to talk about liars, on a grand scale. I wanted to talk about the end of the world, in the major and the minor. And I wanted to talk about where I think we are today, and where we could end up in ten or fifteen years. The motor of innovation and novelty is really kind of cranked up right now, but, in contrast, the general culture is still in a sort of post millennial shock, just laying there drooling over it's nipples."

Whaddaya think? That last sentence strike you as legit, or is he way off base?

Either way, it ties in interestingly with my last post...

No comments: