Monday, January 21, 2008

Content Of Your Character Day

Yea friends, this is the day that yer supposed to honor M.L.K., and unlike most National holidays, it's one I at least thought about before it actually showed up.

"Why Tsunami?" You ask.

Well, I guess when it comes right down to it, Doctor King is one of the recent historical figures I think that brought some real change in my fair country, that I actually try and buy into. I know I don't do it all the time, but for the most part, I give damn-near everyone a base-line of "I believe you're a decent, nice, and probably remarkable person if I give you half-a chance." That's usually all the rope a person needs to hang themselves with, and make me hate them as an idiot with my Gjod-given right of full-equal-opportunity.

But it does pull together occasionally where I am impressed with the content of one's character, and I'm not telling you anything new when I say, "It's a small world," and by that I mean, when you realize how many quality people you know from all the people you've ever met in your life, and how many of them you can actually see in person, call up on the phone, or just communicate with through mail or the internet, IT IS A FUCKING SMALL WORLD.

I believe it's too damn small to ever think that race, nationality, religion, culture, or whatthefjuckever should mean anything other than the seasoning on the top of a character with great content.

P.S. This does not change my overarching belief (based on long and scientifically proven observation) than the majority world is populated with dinks.

-Tsunami-

No comments: