Thursday, March 09, 2006

when staring into the Webmonster

remember - the webmonster stares back at you.

And it gets really unnerving when it starts I.M.-ing me with little missives like

"What are you really looking for?"
"Why don't you slip into something more comfjordable?"
"Ever thought of making it with a computer?"
"You know all your passwords suck?"

Whatever your take on what the internets are - ("Like an electronic magazine!" "The global database!" "The information super-duper-highway!" "Cyberspace!") The internet isn't a place - any more than a television show is a place...the internet is a signal, and nothing more. But like all signals, it has only one desire - to have a receiver at the other end...and the more receivers, the better. Like any other media, market share of receivers is the ultimate goal.

Why is this important?
No reason at all. Just wanted to give you my take on things.

And to tell the webmonster to stop I.M.-ing me. It's getting creepy.

No comments: