Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Fjord Defends Its Honor!!!

I was re-reading some stuff I wrote a few months ago. The one I wanted to bring your attention to was this. My speculations on cat-brain parasites. (which alter the brain chemistry in any creature they infect, and according to science, by gender as well.)

Our pal Hash (who's own spot seems to be off-line at the mo - so no coolb hyperlink) left a few words about the post. I responded, and it turns out, a further commenter left something that should be shared.

"Anonymous said...
fjord you apparently have not read any current info on toxoplasmosis. and hashbrown, you are a complete unkind and crazy person if you read something this man said then had your cat put to sleep. how horrible. it saddens me for there are unkind and crazy and mostly ignorant people in this world fjord apparently you don't research anything and just a cat hater. kille or molested any children lately"

Now, I've mentioned before, there are enemies of Fjord. There are also people who don't at all understand Fjord...and that's fine. But when you start writin stuff like: "it saddens me for there are unkind and crazy and mostly ignorant people in this world fjord apparently you don't research anything and just a cat hater." I just have to ask/say:
1) English is the primary conveyance of Fjord. If it's not your 1st tongue, lots of stuff will loose most/all meaning.
2 Unkind??? Some of the nicest people you'd ever meet read Fjord. (did I also mention how attractive we are?) We are inclusive to the point of ridiculousness.
3) Crazy??? Yeah - guilty as charged.
4) Mostly Ignorant??? Okay, that's gone too far. There is no-one who reads this webzine that's ignorant. We might not know whats-what in Iraq, or happnin' with the Federal Budget, be we know tons about robots, and zombies and particle accelerators, and mummy attacks. What do you know!!??
5)Don't research anything??? Did you notice the links to that post? I suppose some stuff gets past our pals at
BoingBoing, but the BBC??? Are you on a soap-box and calling the BBC a liar? It's cool - it could happen, just bring some proof.
6)Cat Hater??? Well, I'm allergic to cats, and I'm a dog guy myself...but that don't mean I don't have cat-friends. You can ask them...seriously.
7)Kille or molested any children lately??? Come on, now, you're walking off the plank into total lunacy. Fjord, while full of adult content, and content that's too sophisticated for younger (or stupider) readers, wants only happy childhoods for whatever annoying brats who are spoiling my wait in the grocery-store with their crying, or in the park, or at the club-listening to prodigy playing "Smack My Bitch Up," or at the Denny's trying to get a short-stack at 2:30 in the A.M. when I gots to work by 8.
8) Anonymous...as a helpful reminder, that last statement "kille or molested any children lately"
should have been ended with a "?" mark.


9) Fuck you and the duck you rode in on.

10) You've got no right to show up on my webzine and criticize me or my readers under the name Anonymous. I got a bloggin' handle myself, but you can find me without too much fucking trouble. When yer accusin' me, or my readers of "child molesting or kille" - why, you'd better be proud and unafraid of your creds. Elsewise, we'll wipe the floor with yas, and make some sort of slander/libel suit against you. And if you haven't come up against the legal prowess of Skewerburger, Skullcracker, Fishmonger and Brick, be warned...they're a bad-assed legal team.

Yers,
-Tsunami-

4 comments:

rhinoceros said...

pretty rough on ya dude. Theres a diff. b/n opposing viewpoint, correction etc and slander.

And there are also some who feel the need to raise conflict in the electronic world, as it is too difficult in the real. This is such a case, I feel.

D.T. said...

Yeah...I probably made too big a deal out of it, but it was fun.
-Tsunami-

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Fjord's integrity, especially for Tsunami. Though cats make his eyes fall out, he is always more than civil to them. He even likes their owners. Especially if they happen to be cute females.

D.T. said...

I appreciate your support Mr. Maxmillian.

I'd also like to say,
Thanks for swingin' by.

-Tsunami-