Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Hunchbacking!

(Your friendly minor league media demon's mood today is: Nearly Happy/Almost Energetic)

I figured out why I was in such a nasty mood last night -
it was Fat Tuesday
and I didn't have any plans.

Which luckily, got resolved before Fat Tuesday was over.

So by default - today's Ash Wednesday. Which, according to traditions handed down from generations of blacksmiths, er...maybe chimneysweeps, (but anyways...) people are required to have a smudge of ash wiped on their forehead. Earlier, I sent an email to a pal, titled, "Smudge Weds." This brought forth the question - "What's Smudge Weds?" Whereupon I replied like this...

Subject: RE: smudge weds.

it's ash Wednesday...where you get a smudge on your forehead of
ash. I don't know why.

I wrote a song title for "expansive pad" (
Apt. Rock's double
album) called

"I wrote your phone number on my hand, and later that night I
met someone way hotter than you
and my hands started sweating, and now all I have is a smudge."

It was shortened later to: "all I have is a smudge."

smudge is a great word.
(End Transmission)

So perhaps in a few years, with a bit of pop-culture invasive, society changing efforts from your pals at Fjord, we might just get this whole "ash" thing off the books...and henceforth it will be called "Smudging Day."

Smudge

3 comments:

Chinonye O. aka SincereCaramel said...

Did you get that smudge on your face?

D.T. said...

No. I avoided said smudge.


Thanks for swingin' by Since!

rhinoceros said...

Hey, thanks for commentary.

YOu gonna whip asses in contest?