Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Linkbs are coolb!

This, is a super great bit on a couple of designers who are working on the puzzle of clothing as interfaces with technology. I totally dig the idea of the kinetic dress, that changes colors depending on what the wearer is doing.

I haven't done much research on this particular branch of technology that fuses my lust for fashion with my desire to be Master of All Technology, but I might. The dress gave me the idea of how squids can rapidly change their color (almost instantaneously) to communicate. (-warning PDF file here)

And I decided it would be cool as hell if a dress could sense another dress, and change color, depending on what the other dress (or it's wearer) was up to...

Anyways, this was from the super cool place, we-make-money-not-art which you should visit. I sent Reg over there, a quick email about what to do in L.A., and got a very nice letter back.

No comments: