Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Release the Cracken! (beast)

There's an invisible marker that drifts through each week, without a sight, and without a sound. No trumpets sound when Monday turns to Tuesday, and I can't remember when I heard some church bells ring out high-noon. Still, as I walk around my fair burg, I hear whisperings. "It's coming! It's coming!"

When that invisible marker hits the right quiet minute, and the right silent second, it's going to be here. Unfortunately, I don't know what "IT" is, but I think it's going to be BIG! (I'm talkin' Cracken-Big) I'm adopting the classic "squinty-eyed gunfighter" stance, because, I have a hunch it's going to be fast, rough (possibly brutal) and most likely, from a blind spot.

Profitable? - Possibly.
Robotic? - Doubtful.
Painful? - 'Course.
Newsworthy? - Assuredly Not, Totally Under the Radar.
Hula-Girls? - No Chance.
Techno-Soundtrack? - Maybe.
Property Damage? - Toss-up.

I know this is pretty ambiguous...it's supposed to be, to keep you on your toes. I'm not about to be caught flat-footed when it happens!

2 comments:

D.T. said...

If, by "set of double old-fashion's" you mean a set of the drink "old-fashion" and "double" you mean double the liquor...you might be right.

Then again, are you sure you want to be liquor-addled when it comes? (I'm not syaing yea or nea, I'm just sayin' - liquor could dull your response, but it could also render you much less effected by the horrible terror.)

and if you mean something else, well, I gots no idea what you mean.

D.T. said...

Ahh! Glassware. I was operating on a nearby, but tangentially related frequency.

And to that, I say, "Of course, what else can you do?"