Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It was only "Needle" singular, not "Needles" Plural

As per the aforementioned dentist, who I visited today. In fact, I prefaced my visit with, "I'm about to go have needles stuck in my gums, how the fjuck are you doing?"

Anyways, after dealing with 1/2 of my "required dental work" I'm a little irritable, (as I have at the moment, 1/2 of my mouth that barely functions. However, I found out a small nugget more about mummies!

I've been reading a book called "The Place of Dead Roads" by our good pal William S. Burroughs. (Fjucking great by the way, I'm claiming it Fjive Stars!) I'm going to post a paragraph. BTW it's a complex work, and in the same sequence, Burroughs also talks about how Vampires and Mummies are similar...but since we're dealing strictly with mummies at this juncture...only the relevant may prevail.

"Why was it necessary to preserve the actual physical body? Look at this body. It is a spacecraft designed to accommodate one person. And no two are exactly alike. Fingerprints differ. Voiceprints differ. Pricks differ. (It never occurred to them to isolate these factors? No. they didn't have the technology for that. We do now.) So the ka fits perfectly into this body. And it needs that precise filter to suck energy from other bodies. And this precise difference. You fellahin cattle are there. We immortals are here. A parasite must always preserve this unique difference, otherwise it will merge with the host and loose the most precious thing a parasite can have: It's identity. It's name. So the body has to be preserved since it contains the essence of name and difference that enables it to suck life from others, a specialized filter on which the ka is absolutely dependent for its continuous existence in the Western Lands."

Well now...what do you have to say to THAT?

I'd suppose if you've never read Burroughs, you'd think "Doesn't make a whole lot of sense about anything." But, if you are sharing my dread at the coming year of the mummy, it might be wise to dig into a little literature and find out...just exactly who (or what) our foe is really up to. I'll be it's something horrendously insidious.

Or, it could just be the novacane talking.

No comments: