Monday, February 20, 2006

It's a President's Day Miracle!

Don't hear that one too often, so I thought I'd be the one to say it. I'm about to hit the town for some curry...just cause it sounds about right.

Meanwhile, searching out Mummy News, I found (a link that doesn't work anymore - but...reading the following will fill you in...this post is really old...)


It's more an update of previous stories, but it does have some great info on FAMOUS MISSING MUMMIES!

Here's an excerpt.

Some important New Kingdom rulers are still missing. One of them is Queen Hatshepsut, one of the first powerful female rulers in world history. Also not accounted for are the pharaohs Ay and Horemheb, who successively seized the throne after King Tut's death, and Ramses VII and Ramses VIII, obscure kings of the late New Kingdom.
But perhaps the most sought-after missing mummy is that of Akhenaten, the pharaoh who turned Egypt upside down and introduced the nearest thing to monotheism Ancient Egypt ever knew, and his beautiful queen, Nefertiti, who is portrayed in a famous bust in Berlin.


Why can't they find the mummies of Pharaohs Ay and Horemheb, or Queen Hatshepsut? I'm sure you know what my speculation is - THEY'RE WALKING AROUND SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF POOR SAPS WHO AREN'T ON GUARD AGAINST MUMMIES!

Anyways, my precautions might be a little over the top for some folks, but I'm letting you know that every night, I go to sleep
armed with this! (yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking - why is Tsunami hung up on all that retro crap? In this case (1) it was the best I could afford at the time, and (2) at least I have an anti-mummy weapon.)

I'd recommend you do the same - that way, when the mummy of Pharaoh Akhenaten comes sneakin' in the window some night to squeeze your soul into his hungry gullet, you can sent him back to Ra - posthaste. Maybe while you're doing that, you could drop in a cool action-movie line like, "Hey Nefertiti! Tsunami Sent Me!" But whatever, just as long as we GET these creepy undead before it's too late.

-Tsunami-

1 comment:

D.T. said...

Sorry, I didn't see the Scooby-Doo movie, altho I was a huge fan of the cartoon - before Scrappy showed up to ruin EVERYTHING.

At the moment, I'm to busy to do any "Zombie Stage Name Sleuthing"

But it's going on the list!

Thanks for swingin' by.

-Tsunami-