Friday, January 28, 2005

Sigh....I'm sorta in the dumps today......

Not necessarily the kind of dumps where I'm gonna park my truck on some train tracks, change my mind at the last minute and kill a bunch of innocent people who are probably happy with their lives (too soon?), but sort of a "dog who just took a crap on the living room rug and can't hide his guilt when he looks at you, cuz he knows you're gonna find the crap soon enough and then BOY HOWDY is he gonna get it" kind of dumps. You're probably wondering, "Why Q? What the dealio is might be and shit?" To those who would ask me what's wrong in that fashion, I'd probably be like, "What?" Then you'd be all, "Yo, Q? Everything ok?" And I'd be like, "Dumb it down." To which you'd say, "What's wrong?" At this point, I'd just stare blankly back at you until you walked away.
But, in actuality, it's not my lousy "me-to-normal-human" relations that trouble me. Nope, in truth, it's the fact that the National Rankings came out today. I thought myself a shoe-in for at least top 5 in the nation for "Most Hours Logged in a Seated Position." Sadly and much to my chagrin, I finished a dismal 235,912th. Now, an optimist might say something like, "Wow, dude! That's actually pretty cool to crack the top 236,000 in the NATION at something!" To which I would probably say something like, "What?" And then that optimist person would reply, "You know, there's like A LOT of people in America! To be in the top 236,000 at something is really pretty good!" Knowing me, I'd say something like, "Dumb it down." Then the optimist would say something along the lines of, "Good job?" Then, with the me blankly staring and so on.
Frankly, the thing that ultra-pisses me off about the whole situation is the fact that I missed the part where those that nationally rank said, "You must LOG ALL the hours seated." Honestly, I barely logged shit. The problem was my pen and logbook were across the room from where I normally sit and so I figured logging EVERYTHING would cut into my sitting time. Sure, I suppose I could have moved my pen and logbook closer to my sitting place, but what would that have proved? Upside to all this: I cracked to top 3 in the nation for "Lousiest Log Keeper," and I actually LED the nation in "Most awkward social back and forths." I know I should be happy about those things, but to me the Holy Grail of the National Rankings was the sitting thing......sigh.......I'm sorta in the dumps today......

No comments: