Friday, January 28, 2005

It's Been Quite a Week, Hasn't it?

As I invigorate myself with a fortified beverage after another monumentally long day, I have to say, "Something is up with this week." It's as if 2005 rose up in one big mob of days (shaped like Thor or Odin or somesuch) and said, "Hey man, this year is different." And then down came the hammer, or lightning bolt or whatever. It's been that kind of week.

There was a study released about two weeks ago that claimed that due to the light striking the earth, the most depressing day of the year is January 24th. Now Monday January 24th has come and gone this week, and I don't think even residual effects of the most depressing day of the year can account for what has been going down. There's something else that's up, and change - for good or bad - is in the air.

However, here at Casa Aloha, nestled snugly in the overlooked East Wing of Hollywood, CA, one D. Tsunami prefers to dwell on the King of all weekdays. Does it matter that the entire cleaning staff here at my resort up and quit? No, for the most regal of all weekdays is here. Does it matter that sickness is running rampant in my little burg? (even felling the resilient Fjord Borg!?! - must also be a rampant software virus...) Not if my rigorous hand-washing policy has it's desired outcome, because the most august of days has once again, fulfilled its destiny and returned. And hell, am I really that callous to think, train-related commuter delays are really not that bad, as long as it's not my train? Possibly. But my fellow Fjordians, Friday is here, and I for one, am ready to bow down and acknowlege its greatness.

Plans? Let me just say this. When the Sultan of Swing comes to your door and asks you to crush the town with him, are you going to say no? NO! You embrace the fact that he took time out of his busy schedule, and hope that you don't ingest too many psychedelics and Bacardi bottled malt-beverages before Monday rolls you out of bed with numberous slaps to the face saying, "You idiot, why did you do that to yourself again?!?"

(the answer to monday's proddings is, of course - "Because you suck.")

But this isn't a post about regret, about what we shouldn't have done during the weekend, because...because I hear that very Sultan knocking right now. That very august, regal, and King of All Weekdays is here, and he needs me. I gotta scram.

Happy Weekend


No comments: