Friday, April 28, 2006

Lions, Tigers, Bears...etc.

"I've seen a lot of things." Begins Friday. "I've seen storms that have wiped cities off the map. I've seen armies clash with such force it has scarred the world for a hundred years. I've seen ships sink, and planes crash, and cities burn to the ground."

He leans back on a huge couch, looking about at the gathered weekdays, who are in various states of repose in a lavish room, which appeared to be in some sort of palace. He reached over and grabbed a large stuffed teddy-bear, and ran his hand over the soft fur on it's head.

"I've seen liars lie, cheaters cheat, and men in flying machines spew death upon the lands below. I've seen women so beautiful they befuddle a room. I've seen acrobats, magicians, jugglers and sharp-shooters perform feats of astonishment. I've seen musicians powerful enough to enthrall a nation, and beggars so pitiful as to evoke emotions stronger than any art ever conceived."

Friday picks up the bear, and looks at it's beady button eyes, and he speaks more, looking right at the cute little face, staring back at him.
"I've seen a dog make a human friend at first sight. I've seen a child comfjorted by a stuffed animal. I've seen a hamster cuddle in a hand, and melt a room. I've seen tigers playing with a giant ball like a housecat. I've seen children at the zoo try and pet a lion through a glass partition."

Tuesday looks over, picking up a large goblet, and having a sip.
"Not to interrupt, or anything..." He says, looking at Friday, who is lost in repose, staring at the eyes of the bear. "But what, exactly are you getting at?"

Friday takes one last look at the bear, and sets it down on the floor.
"Every bear is a teddy bear, until it starts to eat you."

Happy Friday

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But have you seen an old drunk German woman pull up her shirt and rub her breasts against a window while you're taking a shower.
Have you Friday, huh?

-HB

D.T. said...

Yikes!

I'll ask, but I'm almost afraid of the answer.

-Tsunami-

Chinonye O. aka SincereCaramel said...

Friday takes one last look at the bear, and sets it down on the floor.
"Every bear is a teddy bear, until it starts to eat you."

I am like "What!!!". I have to go find the other Friday posts. They are so freakingly well written.