Friday, November 04, 2005

Sorry for the delay...

But yer pal D.Tsunami had some real people-to-people interactions this early eve...and for those of you who "aren't in the know" I can be pretty damn charming. That means, unfortunately, time taken...nay, stolen, from blogging.

So without further ado...here's this post!

Friday sat with eager eyes in the passenger seat of a sweet conversion van that raced across the city.
"Would you like anything?" Asks Thursday, nursing a wicked hangover, but serving the greater cause, by driving.
"I would like..." Friday says, rubbing his solid jaw, "I would like sex. I would like drugs. I would like rock-n-roll."
Thursday leans forward and clicks on the radio. Sidewalkin' By Jesus and the Mary Chain begins.
"Well, I can help you with the last." Thursday leans back and tries to blink away his dubious take on reality.
"I know a pusher over on 14th street." Monday says from a captains chair in the back of the van. He's still wearing his bad-ass attitude from the week's Halloween.
"I would like..." Friday continues, "I would like someone to talk smart to me."
"What?" Tuesday asks, from way back in the van on a bench seat.
"I would like someone to talk smart to me." Friday repeats himself. "I like it when people talk smart to me."
"Shall I tell you about the differences between post-conceptualism and post-modernism?" Wednesday's hump-back asks.
"No."
The van is quiet, except for the radio.

---I gotta get a car---and I gotta get a ride---I gotta get a car with Jesus on my side---sidewalkin...sidewalkin...sidewalkin...sidewalkin...

"There are a select few people in the world," Friday speaks, adopting a philosophical tone, "who bring out the best in me. Now, we're all friends from, well from day one. Whatever surprises you surprise me with, or any of us with, are surprises that we have come to expect from each other. That doesn't' mean we don't appreciate it, it's just that it's routine. But there are entities out there in the world that make me stand up on my toes, and play at my "A" game. They're the kind of people that I'm not sure what they're going to do next. They're the kind of people who are willing to fall flat in front of me, and they're the kind of people who combine things together that I would never have thought in a million years. They're the kind of people that can make me wax philosophical over a thought, or crack me up with real laughter, over crazy impressions of things I completely understand, but never combined. I want to be surrounded by them tonight."

"Dude," said Tuesday, "That's a pretty fucked up request."
Wednesday added, "Yeah man, I mean, how we supposed to just deliver that to your..."
He was cut off by Thursday.
"I got an in with the Muses."
"What?" Asked Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Monday, all at once.
"Yaknow...the muses. Calliope, Clio, Erato, Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, Terpsichore, Thalia, and Urania. Yaknow, the Fucking Nine Muses. If you're around them and you ain't inspired to bring your "A" game, well, then you really ain't a playa.'"

Friday looked over at his driver. He had a strange, and shocked look on his face. "You mean that all this time, you've known the Muses?!? Why didn't you tell me!"
Thursday's eyes were on the road as two cars collided in front of him. They spun off to the right in a shower of sparks and skidding wheels. He moved the conversion van over to the left lane, passing the spinning mass of metal as it plowed into a streetlight, which buckled, and started a slow decent towards the street. The van scooted under it without much trouble.

"Sometimes man," Thursday spoke calmly, oblivious to the other weekday's white knuckles (even Friday's) on their arm-rests, "It's nice to know something that other people don't. Having a secret is having power. You get that, right?"

"Yeah..." Friday said, cracking his neck, and looking back in the passenger-side rear view mirror at the flaming mess that once was two cars. "I totally respect that. And thanks...thanks for letting us know. Now. Let's meet the Muses, I got a thing or two to tell that bitch Clio! Fucking up my flow and shit!"
"You'd be wise to not use that word around her." Thursday knocked the pre-set on the radio, and Big Spender came on. "Those broads are fucking touchy about their vanity."
"Considering what tonight could be..." Friday spoke, looking out the window at a passing dirty, run-down strip mall, "Consider me warned."

Happy Friday

No comments: