Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hahaha! Teen Spirit!

I've often mentioned to anyone who would listen, that Nirvana is Led Zeppelin. Not so much that they are at all similar stylistically, musically, or lyrically...but as groups which drive radio (and jukebox) play. Music fans of both classic rock, and alt-rock will forget all sorts of sonic indignities thrust upon them as soon as Zeppelin or Nirvana come on the airwaves...it's bizarre. I happily quip, whenever Nirvana's on, that "I love Zeppelin!" And how much "I love Nirvana!" Whenever Zeppelin shows up.

People seem to get a little annoyed by my habit of doing this, but I am already (and clearly) a little annoyed myself. There were better bands, contemporaries of either one of these groups...and contemporaries which were commercially successful as well. Yet, they don't rank the continuous rotation that either of these groups do. Why? I dunno...I'm not really a "music industry insider," but it is what it is, I guess.

I do, however, think, it would be hard to find a Zeppelin song that Paul Anka could nail like this.

No comments: