Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Don't often comment on sports over at the fjord but...

Dang! If anyone's ever took some time following basketball, it's pretty obvious Kevin Garnett is one of the best players in the league. I'd been rooting for him ever since he walked onto the court in a timgberwolves jersey when he was, shit I dunno, 18, and totally blew away expectations by actually living up to the hype. The Wolves made a great run with Spreewell and Cassell a few years back, and it killed me to see that team fall apart, since they were so damn close.

Still, when the talk was about trading him, it wasn't my old hometown squad I was thinking about, it was "The Kid." He'd put in so many man-hours to make the Wolves a team you ignored at your peril, and never once said anything in public that implied he was unhappy. That kind of devotion is so refreshing to see in pro-ball of any kind, that all I want for him is to get a gjoddang ring. With his trade to the Celtics, it seems as if they have a pretty good chance. And I'll still be rootin'. Good luck K.G!

No comments: