Sunday, December 31, 2006

Is it getting better?

I'm not going to tell ya how many times I've tried to reinvent myself this year.

I'm not going to tell ya how many times I've seen my hopes and dreams crushed into mush before I even had a chance to bring them to life, in the world of the 21st century.

I'm not going to begin to explain how the previous two statements are related to my own shortcomings...as I'm sure on some level we are - already relating.

So As I was strolling to my local sports bar to watch the football games today, I came up with a thought that went something like this.

CUT TO: PERSONAL AD # 346
IT READS
SF, slim, attractive, fit and fun, seeks SM 26-36 with no baggage.

Yeah. So whilst I'm walking down Hollywood Boulevard and thinking about that "no baggage" part, and I thought...the only way that anyone is ANYONE worth knowing, is because of the stuff they've been thru, and the stuff they carry out of those experiences.

I am literally unable to respond to such a statement like "no baggage." What the fjuck is that?!!? I am, in fact, nothing but a bunch of walking baggage, much like everyone else on the gjoddang planet.

There's nothing wrong with living thru something, and taking it with you forever. It says you're aware you're experiencing life as it happens, and taking something out of it, something that can change you forever. That's profound. No, really. It is.

But. There's also believing, on a night like tonight, that none of that matters. That tomorrow will be the beginning of something so amazing - such a clean break from everything you've lived through, and held on to, that all that baggage will be nothing but what it is...luggage from an outdated time.

Either way it works out for you, it's okay with yer pals at the WCB of Fjord.

Happy New Year.


P.S. 07's bringing it - are you?

1 comment:

Chinonye O. aka SincereCaramel said...

"No baggage" comments suck. But it's true. We all have our issues. Yet, the past year I've realized its no ones job or duty to deal with my own issues. Like, I should never expect someone else to hold my own purse...